Reopening Plan Guidelines, updated August 3, 2021
Plymouth Congregational Church will continue many of our normal ways of functioning. Below are the guidelines that will be followed. Services will continue to be streamed online for those who do not wish to or are unable to attend. The Reopening Plan Guidelines will be discussed and reevaluated at the monthly Cabinet meetings. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html
The Cabinet's recommendations have been made with thoughtful deliberation. We need to be aware that COVID variants and cases are still found in all 50 states. The Delta variant continues to spread rapidly across the United States.
Thank you for your dedication to Plymouth Church, and for your understanding of our efforts to keep everyone safe.
1. We strongly recommend immunizations for those persons for whom they are indicated.
2. If you are feeling ill or suspect exposure to COVID-19 or its variants, please stay home.
3. Pews are no longer labelled as designated seating. We instead recommend maintaining social distancing of 5-6 feet between attendees. If different households would like to sit together, that is their choice.
4. Attendees may enter through any of our entrances: north, south, and west. Ushers will be present at the entrances to assist with any questions.
5. Personal belongings should be kept with you.
6. Due to the rapid spread of the Delta variant, we will follow the current CDC recommendation to wear masks at indoor gatherings. Masks will be available at the entry if you do not have your own.
7. Hand sanitizer will be available at the entries.
8. Worship bulletins and offering plates will be available at the entrances/exits.
9. Singing to the hymns and choral responses is okay wearing a mask. The choir will participate in the worship service wearing masks and social distancing.
10. Coffee, lemonade, and cookies will be served in Fellowship Hall after the church service. As you gather to greet one another, please keep in mind the CDC recommendations regarding masking, social distancing, and other safety measures.
11. The Nursery and a modified Sunday School for ages K-5 is now offered each Sunday for our children. Teachers and nursery attendants caring for the children will be masked. Children 5 years of age and older should wear their masks.
12. Use of the church building during the week by members or outside groups will continue. Groups who meet here will be given the current CDC guidelines and updated as the guidelines change. We will refrain from scheduling back-to-back or overlap use of a room by different groups.
At Plymouth we believe the arts have the power to entertain, educate, inspire, and transform. Through rich cultural experiences the Plymouth Fine Arts Series seeks to elevate the appreciation of the arts in our community and offer experiences for performer and audience that inspire creativity and lift the spirit.
Please check back soon for upcoming events or visit our Church Calendar to see all events, classes and meetings.